An arcade game striking from the past! Score-Attack! Penguins! Eggs! Even a Dragon!
So what is it?
- It's you, the player, against an un-ending tsunami of not-quite-happy Penguins, how long can you keep your belly full while getting some mean scores?
What's in it?
- A variety of Penguin types - Including one that throws snowballs at you!
- Multiple game areas that spawn as you play - Jump from the main area to another to try and get a score boost!
- Pick-up the eggs before they hatch to get special abilities/allies for a period of time!
How do I play it?
We have a tutorial splash in-game but to summarise:
- Movement is the standard WASD
- To attack you mash that SPACEBAR
- To use a picked-up egg, press the F key with the might of an Inuit!
So wait how does it play?
- The game is a score-attack: Try and get more score than your friends before you're hunger bar runs out;
- The problem is that the penguins are you're main way of getting that bar back up, attack and kill them and get that hunger up whilst getting a neat little dab of score.
- However get close and they'll attack you back! Damaging you and dealing a snippet of pain to your score amount.
- This is where speed comes into play once more - get to an egg before it hatches and you grab it for yourself!
- If you have an egg, you'll be able to break it open, using it for a buff contained inside! Such as invincibility, or a tuna can to attract the penguins away from you for a second.
- That isn't to say these are the only ways to get score - no, no, in fact as time goes one you may notice the other sheets of ice rise out of the ocean!
- (Don't ask how this works)
- On each is a different way to achieve the score of titans - Run around a maze and run your luck with the Treasure Chests inside, or run away from a Dragon as you claim it's gold!
Anything else I should know?
As a team we have attempted to test this build to the best of our abilities, but we are only so many and have only so much free time to test; So expect bugs; if you encounter any, please message us the problem and how you encountered this, sorry for any inconvenience, and we'll try to get a new build out as soon as we can.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.