A Day of Maintenance
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
You're a distant blip amongst the sands around New Port City; It's been a long few shifts, but you're almost done with doing your sweep of the guidance stations for the docking spaceships. Take your Massive Self-Sustaining Installation Repair Truck (or MSSIRT for short); & travel the landscape to fix the last few on your list for the day with your trusty multi-tool crane. Aaaaand maybe have some work-banter along the way - helps whittle away the hours, y'know?
A Day of Maintenance is a new, unusual kind of exploration game, taking cues from In Other Waters, 17776, Signal from Tolva, and Euro Truck Simulator 2
If you've ever found yourself thinking:
"I want a kind-of-technical driving game with a little gay romance but also some discussion over robot worker consciousness. (With crane operation gameplay)"
This game is for you.
Looking for more? There's a short story available too!
Are you a games journalist? Find the Presskit() here!
- Writing & Narrative Design by Freya Campbell and Elliot Herriman
- Soundtrack & Audio Design by Rowan Austin & James Smyth
- With music by Jordan Hunt
- Orby Character Model & Rigging by Mia Cain
- Orby Character Concept by Alecia Doyley
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Apr 22, 2022|
|Made with||Blender, Unity, Audacity, Sublime Text|
|Tags||Atmospheric, Driving, First-Person, Gay, ink, LGBT, Robots, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Story Rich|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Configurable controls, High-contrast|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- ADoM is in the Hand Eye FESTival!Oct 15, 2022
- So how does Orby work?Jun 05, 2022
- Queer Games Bundle 2022 is live!Jun 02, 2022
- Build 47May 12, 2022
- Build 46May 10, 2022
- Build 45May 02, 2022
- A Day of Maintenance is now live!Apr 22, 2022
- Ok actually the final demo build this time(?)Apr 17, 2022